Ibn Battuta once said, “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.”
Here at Pedal Java, it’s no secret that we are passionate about coffee. Traveling to many countries has ignited a quest for knowledge about different types of coffee, roasting techniques, and the “local” way to prepare our favorite little bean. But, in all our travels, we have missed opportunities to explore our own backyard. The South is a cultural stomping ground of some of the greatest coffee experiences in the United States. And...that’s when it hit us.
We’re packing the coffee van with Smoky Mountain roasted beans, trading with other roasters, preparing coffee at campsites along the way, and sharing all the ups and downs of the journey. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and our blog for multiple updates every day on this two-week adventure!
Join us on our Cream & Sugar blog as we document the trip and bring you some fantastic sights from the American South!
How can you help?
- Cheer us on! Like and comment on our posts. Give us suggestions of what you want to see next.
- Buy our coffee! One pound of delicious, locally roasted coffee is only $13 and helps us get to our next destination! Go to www.pedaljava.com/beans to purchase.
- Sponsor us! In order to make a long road trip happen, we need gear. Your sponsorship helps us produce the highest quality content for our Insta and Facebook family. Sponsors will be highlighted in social media and blog posts.
Here are things we need to make this trip as smoothly as possible!
- Stackable Totes labeled with masking tape
- 2 Insulated Flasks with clips to hook on paddleboards
- 2 Hammocks
- 2 Hammock Tarps
- Paddle gloves
- Tall and short chairs
- Solar shower
- Solar charging solution
- Night lighting (headlamp, latern, candles, citronella, mosquito ground candles)
- First aid kit
- Propane dual burner cooking stove
- Rain gear (Men's size Large rain coat, Women's size Large rain coat, ponchos, etc)
- Hiking socks for Men (size 14/XXL) and Women (size 9/L)
- Outdoor clothing men’s and women’s (Men's size Large, Women's size Large/12)
- Sport towel (large)
- GoPro camera
- Large Waterproof bag
- Large Camp rug